Skip to main content

My Grandpa


My sweet Grandpa passed away today.  He was 92.  I'm so grateful to know he is with my Grandma now and that I will see him again.  I'm so blessed to have had his example in my life.  He was so friendly and would talk to anyone.  He loved sharing the gospel to anyone who would listen, including telemarketers.

I was lucky to live near my Grandpa for the pass 2.5 years.  I made frequent visits during my lunch break to have lunch with him.  He would always tell me stories during our lunch.  I think my favorite stories were when he first held hands with a girl and how he fell in love with my Grandma through letters while he was at war.

On Sunday night, Danny and I were able to visit Grandpa in the hospital.  He grasped my hand while we shared with him about our trip to Kansas. We also talked about his favorite topics, family history and temple work, which he responded the most too.  Even though he wasn't responding to everything we were saying, as we were leaving he did say, "I love you".  Grandpa, I will miss you...'til we me again.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry honey, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is such a sweet tribute to your Grandpa.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandpa was a great man and I'm so glad to have met him and been welcome into his home. I'm so happy that he is with your grandma again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janni for that sweet tribute. We will miss grandpa so much won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Jannifer! I know you were very close to your Grandpa and that he loved you very much. We are thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad to come to the viewing. It was obvious that your grandpa was a wonderful man. I wonder if he's still meeting folks he did the work for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Crafty Trees, Oh Crafty Trees...

I've become a finals widow, if you will, meaning Danny is crazy busy trying to finish up the semester.  This has given me extra time to use my crafty skills to get our place Christmas ready.  My first creations were these little paper/foam trees.  I've seen a few variations online of this craft. I put my own little twist on it.  They are really easy to make, just takes some time. Here is what you need: Scrap paper Hot glue gun 1" Circle punch Foam cone (at most craft stores) Toothpicks Note:  You are going to go to the craft store to buy the little foam cone and you will see styrofoam glue and you will think to yourself that would be a good thing to buy for this project.  Don't!  I got the styrofoam glue and it didn't work at all.  Just go with your trusty glue gun, it won't let you down. I think it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the picture.  You just punch circles out from the scrap paper.  Then hot glue th...

Hello Sunshine

  I've had the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on my bookshelf for a couple of years now. It is a program that is supposed to connect you to your inner creativity. It may sound a little out there, but sometimes I try out there stuff. So after reading the first chapter, I thought, why not? Creative endeavors always feed my soul and as of late, my soul needs some feeding. Part of the program is to take yourself on a weekly artist date. Dating myself to connect to my inner creativity? Younger versions of myself may have laughed at this, but the mom version of myself is excited about the idea of time alone .  In pure defiance of the snow I have seen almost daily for months, for my first artist date, I decided to get a pedicure. I mostly was there for the foot massage, but I figured if I make my toes sandal ready, then surely the weather will take the hint and spring will start making its appearance. (I know, I know, we need the snow, we are in a drought. All the lakes a d...

Things that brought me joy this week

This past week was Melina's birthday!  Since she lives far away, Talena and I put together a hula party in a box and mailed it to her.  We found all of these treasures at the dollar section at the front of Target.  My favorite moment was when we heard a lady gripe about how the discount section was full of a bunch of useless stuff that no one would buy.  At that very moment we turned the corner, with our hand basket full of awesome stuff we had found.  We just smiled. The party supplies The party agenda I was having a bit of a low evening and Danny suggested we go get my latest craving Sonic blasts.   (Ice cream + candy + whipped cream.)  I know you aren't supposed to feed sorrows with food, but this particular evening I made an exception.  Whoever made that Sonic blast was heaven sent.  It had more Reese's peanut butter cups than actual ice cream.  It's like they sensed my heavy heart and tried to heal it with choc...